- Taj Mahal is a white marble tomb built between the years 1631 to 1648 in Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
- It was built by Shah Jahan for his wife Arjuman Banu Begum, also known as Mumtaz Mahal
- Taj Mahal is an example of Mughal architecture, combining the Persian, Indian and Islamic architectural styles.
- It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is a part of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
- The tomb is located centrally and is the focus of entire area.
- Four minarets, each of which is around 130 feet tall, are present at each corner of the tomb.
- Taj Mahal is decorated with paint, stone inlays and carvings. The symmetry of entire structure is a treat to watch.
- The complex is surrounded by a large mughal garden with raised pathways, fountains, trees and a raised marble water tank.
- Best time to visit is in the morning when the twilight imparts a pink colour to the Taj Mahal. Sunset is also a good time to visit.