- Dhanaulti is a hill station located between Mussoorie and Chamba.
- It is famous for snowfall between December and March.
- It also has a scenic view of Yamunotri and Gangotri glaciers.
- It is known for the forests of Deodar, Oak and Rhododendron.
Places To Visit:
- Eco Park: There are two Eco Parks named Amber and Dhara situated near each other. They have a protected area of Deodar trees.
Adventure sports activities (walking over Burma bridge, Walking over Flying Fox Bridge, Horse Riding) are available.
Memory Sapling Plantation - Visitors can plant a tree sapling in memory of their loved ones.
Eco Huts are present for tourists. These are built using Green technology and are Eco Friendly.
- Surkanda Devi Temple: It is located approximately 8Km from Dhanaulti and is famous for Ganga Dusshera Fair (held in autumn).
- Aaloo Khet (Potato Farm): This is a government Potato Farm and is also a popular sunrise view point.
- Himalayan Weavers: Locally produced handloom products such as Shawls, Stoles, Woollen Scarves, Pashmina etc are available here. They aim to pupularise the use of environmentally friendly dyes of natural origin.
- Tempetatures range from 30 C to 37 C in summers and 7 C to -1 C in winters.
- Kanatal is a nearby tourist destination with peaceful surroundings amidst the beautiful natural environment.
How To Reach:
- By Air: The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.It is around 82Km from Dhanaulti.
- By Train: The nearest railway station is Dehradun Railway Station which is around 66Km from Dhanaulti.
- By Road: Dhanaulti is well connected via road network to the nearby major cities like Mussoorie, Dehradun, Chamba, Rishikesh etc.