- Parwanoo is a town located along the National Highway 22, just after crossing the Haryana border into Himachal Pradesh.
- Timber Trail is located at the foothills of Shivalik Ranges in Parwanoo, about 6km from Himachal – Haryana border.
- Hits: 243
- The Wax Museum contains a collection of wax sculptures of famous people exhibited in lifelike poses, wearing real clothes.
- It has the following sections:
- Wax Museum
- Horror Show
- Game Zone
- Mirror Maze
- Hits: 335
- Nehru Park is located on an island inside Fateh Sagar Lake, Udaipur, Rajasthan.
- It is accessible by boat.
- This park has beautiful fountains, some with stepping stones inside them.
- It also has a boat shaped restaurant which is connected to the park via a bridge.
- The walk from the park to restaurant via bridge is very picturesque.
- Hits: 233
- Fateh Sagar Lake is one of the four lakes in Udaipur, Rajasthan.
- This artificial, fresh water lake was constructed by Maharana Jai Singh in 1678 AD.
- It was later reconstructed by Maharana Fateh Singh in 1889 AD, after the earthen dam was washed away in floods.
- Maharana Fateh Singh built Connaught Dam (also known as the Pal or the Drive) to commemorate the visit of Duke of Connaught and the lake was renamed as Fateh Sagar Lake.
- Hits: 367
- Sariska Tiger Reserve is an Indian National Park famous for it’s Bengal Tigers.
- It was declared a wildlife reserve in 1955 and was made a Tiger reserve in 1979 as a part of Project Tiger.
- It is the first Tiger reserve in the world to have successfully relocated Tigers.
- It is the legacy of the Maharajas of Alwar. Pavilions and temples within Sariska are ruins that hint at past riches and glory.
- Hits: 250
Location and History:
- Siliserh Lake is located in Alwar district of Rajasthan and is around 165km from New Delhi and approx. 110km from Jaipur.
- Siliserh Lake surrounds the Water Palace of Siliserh and lies on the way to Sariska Tiger Reserve.
- It lies just 12km southwest of Alwar city.
- It is surrounded by low wooded hills and covers an area of about 10.5 sq. Kms, surrounded by thick forest and magnificent cenotaphs on its embankment.
- A royal hunting lodge/ palace was built by Maharaja Vinay Singh for his Queen Shila in 1845.
- It has been converted into a tourist bungalow and is an attractive spot for a peaceful holiday.
- Hits: 184
- Taj Mahal is a white marble tomb built between the years 1631 to 1648 in Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
- It was built by Shah Jahan for his wife Arjuman Banu Begum, also known as Mumtaz Mahal
- Taj Mahal is an example of Mughal architecture, combining the Persian, Indian and Islamic architectural styles.
- It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is a part of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
- The tomb is located centrally and is the focus of entire area.
- Four minarets, each of which is around 130 feet tall, are present at each corner of the tomb.
- Taj Mahal is decorated with paint, stone inlays and carvings. The symmetry of entire structure is a treat to watch.
- The complex is surrounded by a large mughal garden with raised pathways, fountains, trees and a raised marble water tank.
- Best time to visit is in the morning when the twilight imparts a pink colour to the Taj Mahal. Sunset is also a good time to visit.
- Hits: 265
- Gun Hill is the second highest peak of Mussoorie.
- It is a good place for viewing the Himalayan ranges like Srikantha, Pithwara, Bunderpunch, Gangotri Group etc and also Doon Valley.
- It is located around 400 ft above the Mall Road.
- It is accessible via walking or via Cable Car.
- Hits: 188
- Dhanaulti is a hill station located between Mussoorie and Chamba.
- It is famous for snowfall between December and March.
- It also has a scenic view of Yamunotri and Gangotri glaciers.
- It is known for the forests of Deodar, Oak and Rhododendron.
- Hits: 297