Location and History:
- Siliserh Lake is located in Alwar district of Rajasthan and is around 165km from New Delhi and approx. 110km from Jaipur.
- Siliserh Lake surrounds the Water Palace of Siliserh and lies on the way to Sariska Tiger Reserve.
- It lies just 12km southwest of Alwar city.
- It is surrounded by low wooded hills and covers an area of about 10.5 sq. Kms, surrounded by thick forest and magnificent cenotaphs on its embankment.
- A royal hunting lodge/ palace was built by Maharaja Vinay Singh for his Queen Shila in 1845.
- It has been converted into a tourist bungalow and is an attractive spot for a peaceful holiday.
- Boating in the Siliserh Lake including Motor Boat and Paddle Boat
- The lake has an area of approx. 10.5 sq km
- The lake is open throughout the year from Sunrise to Sunset.
- The best time to visit is from July to March.
How to Reach:
- Sariska Tiger Reserve is well connected with nearby towns.
Nearest Airport is in Jaipur which is around 110 km. There are several flights from Delhi , Mumbai and other parts of India.
The nearest rail junction is Alwar from where you can hire a taxi or travel by bus to the lake.
The lake is accessible via road from New Delhi, which is around 165km and from Jaipur which is around 110km. There are direct buses that ply between Delhi and Jaipur also go via Alwar.
The lake supposedly has crocodiles and a sign near the lake prohibits going in the lake for swimming or going to the shores while boating.